- The standard time line for Bespoke and Couture garments is 6 months. Should you require an Express Service (anything less than 4 months from order to Completion Date) it may be possible, please let me know as soon as possible.
- Couture garments may need considerably longer depending on complexity of the garment – allow up to 6 months
- Curtis Cornelius works by appointment only
- Initial conversations to discuss your requirements can take place in person or via Facetime, after which design concepts/ fabrics will be discussed and agreed upon.
- Following our initial consultations and your agreement to proceed, a written specification order with detailed information and sketches regarding design, fabrics, completion date (when the garment will be collected) and estimated cost will be signed and 50% deposit paid.
- MEASURING UP APPOINTMENT
- This will usually take place 4 to 6 months prior to the Completion Date and will last about an hour. Your personal measurements will be recorded and further discussion on the more detailed design of your garment/s.
- TOILE FITTING APPOINTMENT
- Following on from your Measuring Up Appointment, we will create a prototype of your garment made in a calico fabric, this is know as a ‘toile’. It establishes the pattern template to cut the fabric for your garment.
- We will work on the design, shape and proportions of your garment. To assure the perfect fit, amendments may be made to the neckline, waistline and shape of the garment to achieve the look you desire.
- It is important that any concerns about the design, shape or any other queries are raised at this appointment. This does not mean changes are not possible at a later stage, however, they may be more complex and therefore may be more costly. Any design changes may result in additional charges and this also includes significant alterations due to changes in your body shape or weight.
- PLEASE ENSURE you wear the under garments you will be wearing with the finished design.
- Following this fitting, you will receive an email within 2 days outlining the appointment, any changes discussed and, if any changes have incurred an additional cost. We would require you to confirm by return that the summary of changes is as agreed.
- FIRST TACK FITTING
- This is the first fitting of your garment and will take about an hour. You will be able to approve the fit which has been sewn for a tack fitting and will include details like the positioning of a zip, buttons etc. The correct length of the garment will also be confirmed.
- Ensure you have the shoes and the under garments you will be wearing with the finished design.
- Following this fitting, you will again receive an email within 2 days detailing the changes discussed and, if any changes have incurred an additional cost. We would require you to confirm by return that the summary of changes is as agreed.
- SECOND TACK FITTING
- Once again, this appointment will take about an hour. All the adjustments from the First Tack Fitting will have been made and you are able to confirm you are happy with those decisions and the overall fit of the garment.
- Again, please ensure you have the shoes and the under garments you will be wearing with the final design.
- If it is agreed that further adjustments are necessary, you will receive an email within 2 days outlining the changes discussed and, if any changes have incurred an additional cost. We would require you to confirm by return that the summary of changes is as agreed.
- FINAL FITTING AND COLLECTION
- This appointment may last up to 1 hour and will be on the agreed Completion Date.
- Our tailors will approve the perfect fit of your garment in this Final Fitting appointment. If necessary, only small changes and minor alterations will be made after this fitting. In most cases you will be taking your garment home.
- Again, please ensure you have the shoes and the under garments you will be wearing with the garment.
- Where further minor alterations are required, a new Completion Date will be agreed in writing within 2 days of this appointment.
- Once your Design Order has been agreed, a payment of 50% of the estimated total cost is required. This can be paid via bank transfer.
- Kindly note that this deposit is non-refundable.
- No work will commence in respect of the order until Curtis Cornelius has received cleared funds
- A further payment of 25% of the total estimated cost of the estimated costs are payable after the FIRST TACK FITTING.
- The next payment of the remaining balance is payable in full after the SECOND TACK FITTING.
- In the event of non-payment at any stage, work on the garment will cease and any costs up to that point will be the responsibility of the client.
- PLEASE NOTE that collection can only take place if the account is settled in full.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THESE IMPORTANT POINTS:
- You are obliged to inform Curtis Cornelius about any measurement changes due to a weight loss/gain, pregnancy, illness, surgery or recovery.
- Curtis Cornelius reserves the right to ask for additional charges for any alterations, additions or changes that Curtis Cornelius deems to be outside the original design, measurements, specifications or original instructions given by you.
- All changes to specification are chargeable and are your responsibility.
- Should you fail to collect the garment within 6 months of the Completion Date, Curtis Cornelius reserves the right to dispose of the item/s.
- You are responsible for inspecting the completed garment at collection and insuring the garment is in accordance with the original or revised order.
- Curtis Cornelius shall not be responsible for any damage to the garment or subsequent loss that occurs once any item has left Curtis Cornelius’ premises.
- Limitation of Liability: In the event of a breach of contract Curtis Cornelius remedies shall be limited to damages and under no circumstances shall the liability exceed the estimated, quoted or actual price of the work undertaken and cost of materials.
The client agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions at all times upon the signature of this and the attached confirmation order and by making the initial payment.
To be signed at the confirmation of your order.
Curtis Cornelius Limited | Showroom and Studio | 14 Ingate Place | London SW8 3NS | T: +0044 20 3720 4212 | M: +0044 7771 750191
Registered office address: 1 Southholme Close, Upper Norwood, London. SE19 2QU